Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Around the yard

My garden had its first harvest this summer. The goal was to start small with enough garden ingredients for a bowl of salad to feed at least two people. My garden project has been successful and I am now in the process of expanding.


Anthurium Flower

Wild Chickens



Of course, there were a few hurdles to overcome. But as with anything, you live and you learn.

One of my biggest hurdle has been wild chickens. And they multiply like crazy! They will peck at anything in my garden. And because they're wild, I've had to re-evaluate and fix the fencing around my garden to make sure there were no holes they can slip through.












Fuschia - The decorative flowers are just amazing! The flower shown above have a purple and pink mixture. They also come in other colors.  It reminds me of a pear of dangling earrings.

Oriental Lily - The most fragrant of them all! There are different varieties of lilies. But only the oriental variety gives off a wonderful fragrant smell.








Another one of my model/garden buddy. She's loving the cat grass.








Tomatoes (left) and Cilantro (right)


Bell Peppers
Bell peppers are great with salad. Just chop them up and add to your salad. It's crispy and adds flavor.



Sunflowers (left) and Passion Fruit Flower (right)


No comments:

Post a Comment